Creamy Carrot and Coriander Soup
This creamy carrot and coriander soup is very easy to prepare. As their name suggests, carrots are an excellent source of
beta carotene benefits.
and they're a versatile ingredient in any
healthy diet plan.
I love the delicate flavor of corriander leaf and there's always something slightly exotic about its addition in any savory recipe. Be sure to include the stem and root too, as this is the most flavorsome part.
Although many recipes call for the onion and celery to be lightly cooked first in some oil to release the flavors, I simply throw everything into the saucepan together and simmer. It really doesn't make a lot of difference to the taste, but feel free to experiment and see how you prefer it.
Of course, if you're serious about losing weight then every spoonful of oil you cut out helps towards achieving that goal. So, for everyday soups, I try to cut back on as much unnecessary oil as possible.
| Creamy Carrot & Coriander Soup
Preparation Time – 30 mins
- 3 medium carrots (about 500g), peeled and chopped
- 1 or 2 stalks of celery (around 50g), roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- single/pouring Cream
- Place carrots, celery and onion in pan with enough water to cover
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 8 - 10 minutes until carrots are just tender. Do not overboil or cook for too long
- While vegetables are cooking wash coriander. Roughly chop the stems and roots
- Remove cooked vegetables from saucepan with a slotted spoon. Place in blender with coriander stems and roots and blend until smooth. Add cooking liquid to achieve desired consistency
- Return to saucepan and reheat. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add about 2 tablespoons of pouring cream to give a creamy consistency
- Stir in some of the fresh coriander leaves
- Pour soup into mug or bowl and garnish with remaining coriander leaves
Don't forget to check out these handy
before you start.
Return from Creamy Carrot and Coriander Soup to Healthy Soup Recipes
Return to the Soup and Smoothie Diet Homepage